Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Lestat? Yes, please.

Interview with the Vampire (1976)
The Vampire Lestat (1985)
The Queen of the Damned (1988)
The Tale of the Body Thief (1992)
Memnoch the Devil (1995)
The Vampire Armand (1998)
Merrick (2000)
Blood and Gold (2001)
Blackwood Farm (2002)
Blood Canticle (2003)
 I have been reading a lot of classics lately. The Hobbit. Northanger Abbey. Agnes Grey. You get the point, and I've just been craving something a little more... recent. Don't misunderstand me. I love classic British Literature. It can just be a bit daunting at times, what with kids running here and there screaming for attention and my own characters fighting to work through their current block.

With Prince Lestat hitting the shelves October 28, I figured it was time to finish reading The Vampire Chronicles. Currently, I have read through The Vampire Armand though I will admit that particular story took me about three years. It is just so intense and if you know anything of Armand's story, you know he was turned very young after having an unnatural relationship with Marius.

As far as Charlaine Harris's Southern Vampires, it's mindless. The story sucks you in and holds you without too much extra thought. I don't find myself looking up words or googling historic events. I just get to read!

What's on your current reading list? Is there a particular vampire series that you love the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment