Friday, March 20, 2015

Friday? Already?

I had big plans this week. I was to write by morning and go places by afternoon and crash by evening. Well, things didn't turn out as I had planned. We had an EXTREMELY lazy spring break and I have to say, I enjoyed it. Granted, I didn't get much new material written, I did get... nope didn't do much of that either.
 I guess I really didn't accomplish anything. Well, sometimes even the badasses need a few days do sit around and do nothing.  Excuse my while I return to my coffee. Turns out I need a little more before I can form full sentences.


How about a snippet from a time I could complete a thought? 

With each quickening footfall, the scent became stronger. The bitter smell of the forager’s blood didn’t compare in any way to that of a young man on the hunt. A human comparison would be the magnetism of an overly salty bag of potato chips opposed to the sweet fragrance of a king size candy bar. Both cause the mouth to water and satiate taste buds, but in very different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment